Egypt: 47 people killed – 1,500 injured

U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel

Pentagon: Hagel calls Egyptian defense minister

July 3, 3013

U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has been in contact with his Egyptian counterpart Gen. Abdel-Fattah al-Sissi twice in the past week amid the country’s growing unrest.

Pentagon press secretary George Little told reporters about the calls without giving further details about their content, the Associated Press reported on Wednesday.

The Pentagon did not disclose last week’s call until now because of the sensitivities of the situation, Little said.

Supporters and opponents of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi held rallies across the capital, Cairo, on Wednesday as the Army’s 48-hour deadline for the president to yield to the demands of the protesters or face military intervention approached.

Since last week, more than 47 people have been killed and nearly 1,500 injured in clashes between pro and anti-Morsi protesters.

The United States has said hundreds of its crisis-response Marines in Europe were positioned to deploy to Egypt.

“I believe that any discussion about foreign interference in Egypt would be detrimental to the Egyptian people,” editor of Pan-African News Wire Abayomi Azikiwe said by phone on Wednesday.

“I believe that the situation in Egypt should be resolved by the Egyptian people themselves. They should do this in conjunction with the African Union,” Azikiwe said.

“The solution is for the Egyptian people to develop their own government of national unity and to form alliances throughout the African Union,” he added.

AGB/HJ

http://www.presstv.com/usdetail/312094.html

Advertisements

About kruitvat

I am working for the Belgian human rights association 'Werkgroep Morkhoven' which revealed the Zandvoort childporn case (88.539 victims). The case was covered up by the authorities. During the past years I have been really shocked by the way the rich countries of the western empire want to rule the world. One of my blogs: «Latest News Syria» (WordPress)/ Je travaille pour le 'Werkgroep Morkhoven', un groupe d'action qui a révélé le réseau pornographique d'enfants 'Zandvoort' (88.539 victims). Cette affaire a été couverte par les autorités. Au cours des dernières années, j'ai été vraiment choqué par la façon dont l'Occident et les pays riches veulent gouverner le monde. Un de mes blogs: «Latest News Syria» (WordPress)/ Ik werk voor de Werkgroep Morkhoven die destijds de kinderpornozaak Zandvoort onthulde (88.539 slachtoffers). Deze zaak werd door de overheid op een misdadige manier toegedekt. Gedurende de voorbije jaren was ik werkelijke geschokt door de manier waarop het rijke westen de wereld wil overheersen. Bezoek onze blog «Latest News Syria» (WordPress) ------- Photo: victims of the NATO-bombings on the Chinese embassy in Yougoslavia
This entry was posted in Geen categorie and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s