Bomb badly damages Sweden consulate in Benghazi

Security officials inspect damage in the Swedish consulate after a car bomb exploded at its entrance, in Benghazi October 11, 2013. A car bomb exploded outside the Swedish consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi on Friday, damaging the building's front and nearby houses, but no casualties were immediately reported, a Reuters witness said. REUTERS/Esam Omran Al-Fetori (LIBYA - Tags: POLITICS CIVIL UNREST)

As a reminder:

11.10.2013

Bomb badly damages Sweden consulate in Benghazi

A bomb has exploded near the Swedish consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Initial reports indicated that the building sustained heavy damages, but that no one had been hurt in the blast.

No one was injured in the attack, according to initial reports. However, the explosion left the building heavily damaged.

Libyan officials have struggled to maintain peace in the country since the 2011 civil war.

The bombing came a day after gunmen released Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zidan from captivity. The abduction appeared to be in retaliation for the Libyan government’s alleged involvement in the US capture of a suspected al-Qaeda militant over the weekend.

The attack also came in the wake of an assault on Russia’s embassy in Tripoli by an armed group less than two weeks ago.

On September 11, militants linked to al-Qaeda affiliates attacked the US consulate in Benghazi, killing the US ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

http://www.dw.de/bomb-badly-damages-sweden-consulate-in-benghazi/a-17151892

===

November 2, 2012 – Benghazi consulate that came under attack by Al Qaeda militants was being used for CIA operations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2226821/CIA-admits-role-US-consulate-attack-Benghazi.html

‘The American team in Tripoli was said to be working primarily with the newly formed Libyan intelligence agency under former US citizen Salem al-Hasi – a political dissident who for decades lived in the Atlanta area and taught Arabic to US soldiers’
http://rt.com/usa/charges-benghazi-attack-investigation-137/

Advertisements

About kruitvat

I am working for the Belgian human rights association 'Werkgroep Morkhoven' which revealed the Zandvoort childporn case (88.539 victims). The case was covered up by the authorities. During the past years I have been really shocked by the way the rich countries of the western empire want to rule the world. One of my blogs: «Latest News Syria» (WordPress)/ Je travaille pour le 'Werkgroep Morkhoven', un groupe d'action qui a révélé le réseau pornographique d'enfants 'Zandvoort' (88.539 victims). Cette affaire a été couverte par les autorités. Au cours des dernières années, j'ai été vraiment choqué par la façon dont l'Occident et les pays riches veulent gouverner le monde. Un de mes blogs: «Latest News Syria» (WordPress)/ Ik werk voor de Werkgroep Morkhoven die destijds de kinderpornozaak Zandvoort onthulde (88.539 slachtoffers). Deze zaak werd door de overheid op een misdadige manier toegedekt. Gedurende de voorbije jaren was ik werkelijke geschokt door de manier waarop het rijke westen de wereld wil overheersen. Bezoek onze blog «Latest News Syria» (WordPress) ------- Photo: victims of the NATO-bombings on the Chinese embassy in Yougoslavia
This entry was posted in Geen categorie and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Bomb badly damages Sweden consulate in Benghazi

  1. kruitvat says:

    August 6, 2013

    US charges Libyan militant in Benghazi attack

    Reports have emerged of the first suspect to be charged for last year’s attack on a US diplomatic compound in Benghazi that left four people dead, including the American ambassador to Libya.

    Ahmed Abu Khattalah is accused of having played a key role in the attack, according to officials who spoke to US media, although authorities did not confirm whether he had yet been arrested. The US Department of Justice has so far declined to comment on the matter.

    For months investigators have believed that Khattalah was involved in the September 11, 2012 attack, although the specific charges against him remain undisclosed as they were made in a sealed complaint.

    Critics of the ongoing investigation – many of whom are Republican members of Congress – have pointed to a lack of progress in addition to purportedly misleading explanations of the incident in the days following the attack.

    The American team in Tripoli was said to be working primarily with the newly formed Libyan intelligence agency under former US citizen Salem al-Hasi – a political dissident who for decades lived in the Atlanta area and taught Arabic to US soldiers, according to several Libyan officials who spoke with The Wall Street Journal last year.

    “There’s no doubt the sheik was there,” said one of the officials to The Wall Street Journal, referring to Khattalah’s religious title used by his followers. “If the sheik was there, then the sheik was giving commands. That’s how the group operates.”

    Read more: http://rt.com/usa/charges-benghazi-attack-investigation-137/

  2. kruitvat says:

    American presence in Libya and Benghazi

    Within months of the start of the so called Libyan revolution in February 2011, the CIA began building a meaningful but covert presence in Benghazi.

    During the war, elite counter-terrorist operators from America’s Delta Force were deployed to Libya as analysts, instructing the ‘rebels’ on specifics about weapons and tactics.

    Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens was named the first liaison with the Libyan opposition in March 2011.

    After the end of the war, both the CIA and the US State department were tasked with continuing to identify and collect arms that had flooded the country during the war, particularly shoulder-fired missiles taken from the former arsenal of the fallen regime of Gaddafi, as well as securing Libyan chemical weapon stockpiles, and helping to train Libya’s new intelligence service.

    According to some of his colleagues, Ambassador Stevens was in Libya to purchase stinger missiles from Al-Qaeda groups that had been provided by the State Department during the civil war. It has since been speculated that arms shipped through Turkey to Syrian rebels fighting the regime of Bashar Al-Assad were related to the American presence in Libya.
    Further, eastern Libya and Benghazi were key intelligence-gathering hubs for intelligence operatives.

    Before the attack, the CIA was monitoring Ansar al-Sharia and suspected members of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, as well as attempting to define the leadership and loyalty of the various militias present and their interaction with the Salafi elements of Libyan society.
    By the time of the attack, dozens of CIA operatives were on the ground in Benghazi.
    In addition, it has been reported that in the summer of 2012, American Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) missions had begun to target Libyan militias linked to the Al-Qaeda network of Yasin al-Suri.
    By the time of the attack, a composite US Special Operations team with two JSOC members was already in Libya working on their mission profile independently of the CIA and State department operations.

  3. kruitvat says:

    Syria: Kerry Backs Political Solution…

    Feb. 28, 2013 – Kerry Backs Political Solution – Kerry said, “We want to see Assad and the Syrian opposition sitting at the same table to establish a transitional government as laid out in the Geneva Accords.”
    http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/tr/contents/articles/politics/2013/03/us-supports-negotiations-syria.html

    August 27th, 2013 – ‘U.S. said to organize major weapons transfer to Syria rebels, financed by Gulf states’
    http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/08/27/u-s-said-to-organize-major-weapons-transfer-to-syria-rebels-financed-by-gulf-states/

    November 7, 2013 – ‘Syria crisis: Saudi Arabia to spend millions to train new rebel force’
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/07/syria-crisis-saudi-arabia-spend-millions-new-rebel-force

    November 7, 2013 – ‘Syrian Rebel Groups Vie for Saudi Funding and Weapons’
    http://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Middle-East/Syrian-Rebel-Groups-Vie-for-Saudi-Funding-and-Weapons.html

    November 10, 2013 – ‘The CIA is Leading Massive Arms Deliveries to Rebels in Syria, Saudi Arabia is Training Terrorists’
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/cia-is-leading-massive-arms-deliveries-to-rebels-in-syria-saudi-arabia-training-terrorists/5357531

  4. Pingback: The Ugly Truth About Benghazi and Ambassador’s Death: The West Used Libya As Syrian Rebel Weapons Distribution Point | True World Intelligence News (TWIN)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s